Sorry I have not updated in such a long time. I had a very serious health issue. I won’t bore you with the details, but I am back to my old self and stitching temari again.
While looking through my temari books and online photo galleries I rediscovered the 3 layer flower. Here are a couple of temari I have stitched. Both were stitched from my head so I don’t have any patterns to reference.
If you look closely at the flowers you will see a small difference in the way they are stitched. On the C10 I let a lot of the first layer, purple star, show. Now look at the first uwagake chadori stitches. On the C10 they are elongated and pulled in with the second row.
On the C8 I also elongated the first white stitch, but with the top layer of the flower I did not pull it all the way in. I stitched around the point of the first layer star. This hid much of the star. I had to do it because I did not have a space to stitch in as I did on the C10. If I had dropped my stitch down below the star point it would have compromised the shape of my top layer flower petal.
I really like how the C10 turned out. It makes me want to stitch it in silk. With the C8; I like the flower, but I am less happy with the over all look of the temari. It just seems like there is too much space. Perhaps if it were stitched with invisible guide lines I would like it better.